We just uploaded new version of OM OTB 2023 07 with 9,741,749 official human chess games and OM CORR 2023 07 with 2,197,331 correspondence chess games and think some Superapps are coming soon.
As bonus we made some cleaning and also uploaded OM OTB 1992, the most precious collection of historical games between 1800 and 1992 which you won't find anywhere else. The chess database is smaller in size only 1,249,835 games BUT it is very clean and organised by tournaments and names. No, you will not find Magnus there.
Those who have access in the cloud folder, the upgrades are waiting for you, those who don't have it yet, this is the best way.
Download the new Opening Master GOLEM chess database which includes all powerful databases inside.
Post-social media age
Buckle up, we are entering post-social media age beyond dominance of traditional social media platforms.
Social media has been an integral part of the digital landscape for over a decade, reshaping the way people interact, communicate, and consume information. Expect significant transformations. How many of you actually use #Facebook these days? Mark knows about it despite looking cool like nothing is happening and while they made a brave move to introduce Threads it still does not work in European Union. Why? We actually care about protecting privacy.
7 Key Characteristics of the Post-Social Media Age
1. The post-social media age is likely to witness a move away from centralized platforms, where a few major players dominated the social media space. Instead, we might see the rise of decentralized, blockchain-based platforms, giving users greater control over their data and interactions.
2. Concerns about data privacy and security have been growing. In the post-social media age, there may be a stronger emphasis on user data ownership, transparency, and protection. Users might demand more control over how their data is collected, used, and shared.
3. The future might see a diversification of communication channels beyond traditional text-based platforms. Voice-based interactions, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and other emerging technologies could become mainstream modes of communication.
4. Rather than large, all-encompassing social networks, specialized niche communities and micro targeting might gain popularity. Users could seek more meaningful connections with like-minded individuals in smaller, interest-based groups.
5. Superapps, such as WeChat or upcoming wannabe “X” which offer a wide range of integrated services within a single Superapp platform, may become a prominent trend. These apps could combine social networking, e-commerce, content creation, financial services, and more.
6. Artificial intelligence (#AI) and machine learning algorithms will play an increasingly significant role in delivering personalized content and experiences to users tailored to individual preferences.
7. The negative impact of excessive social media use on mental health has been a growing concern. We will see a greater focus on promoting digital well-being, responsible usage or leaving social media completely.
What's Coming Up Next
Metaverse or Apple Vision Pro
The concept of the metaverse, a shared virtual space where users can interact in a 3D environment, is gaining traction. It could revolutionize social interactions, gaming, education, and entertainment, creating a more immersive and interconnected digital world.
Web 3.0 is envisioned as a decentralized and user-centric internet powered by blockchain technology and smart contracts. It aims to give users greater control over their data and online identities while enabling seamless peer-to-peer interactions.
Extended Reality (XR)
Extended Reality, encompassing VR, AR, and mixed reality (MR), is poised to transform social experiences. XR could enable more engaging and lifelike virtual interactions, blurring the lines between physical and digital realms.
E-commerce integrated with social media is already prevalent, but it is likely to evolve further. Social commerce could become more interactive and personalized, allowing users to make purchases seamlessly within social platforms.
AI and big data will continue to advance personalization efforts. Users might see content, ads, and recommendations finely tuned to their individual interests, preferences, and behaviors.
Ethical Tech and Digital Well-Being
There is a growing demand for ethical tech practices and tools that prioritize digital well-being. The post-social media age may witness the emergence of platforms that consciously address addiction, misinformation, and user well-being.
Checkout our latest AI interview
We spoke with our friend Lena Miladinovic from Serbia. She is a Woman International Master in chess, an international arbiter, and a FIDE instructor, coach, and CEO of Outpost Chess. The Outpost Chess is a new global platform that connects event organizers, chess clubs, players, arbiters, trainers, and offers a comprehensive hub for tournament organizers where they can find an end to end solution for running their events under one roof. And she won a startup of the year.
As remote work and virtual collaboration become more common, collaborative platforms may emerge to facilitate team interactions, project management, and creative collaborations.
In summary, the post-social media age is characterized by a shift towards decentralization, privacy, niche communities, and integrated superapps. The future will likely see the rise of the metaverse, Web 3.0, extended reality, and more personalized, ethical, and collaborative online experiences. Technologies like AI and blockchain will play pivotal roles in shaping the next phase of digital interactions.
Chess databases monthly updates
Lost in these terms? How do you fit chess in this puzzle? Chess.com wants to become a chess superapp offering all in one recently surpassing 100,000,000 users and bought Play Magnus Group including Chessable, Gchess and other apps.
But hey, you can still play chess face to face outside in the park.
Opening Master team
OpeningMaster is now available on all three major podcast platforms
We are glad we can provide this service totally for free on all major podcast platform Youtube, Spotify and Apple Podcasts so you can now enjoy the chess meditations whether you are fan of either of the three.